Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tell Me Who I Look Like




Studio Problems in Photography
(These are the digital files for this project.  The final presentation was done as cyanotypes and then they were tea toned slightly)

Chromosomes make up all the features that are an individual.  The X chromosome is provided by the mother and an X or Y chromosome from our father, which determines our being male or female.  Initially one would believe since it takes one chromosome from each parent to create us, their child that we would have significant features that make us look just like our parents.  This is true in some families, but then there are some offspring that do not have distinct features that represent the mother or father.  Sometimes these particular offspring are referred to as the “mailman’s child.”  Looking at my matured 23 year old self, I do not believe that I am a good representation of my parents, meaning I do not have distinct features of either or.  Though I am told I look just like my parents.  I want to be able to closely analyze important features in the faces of my parents and myself to be able to conclude my thoughts and others.  


No comments:

Post a Comment